Thursday, August 2, 2007

Thoughts

WARNING:  This is going to be a serious post.  Yes, I really do know how to be serious.  I mean it.  Stop laughing.   It's been forever since I wrote anything.  Frankly, nothing that exciting has happened.  Life just continues to roll on.  Jon goes to work, and school, and the church.  The kids play and argue and laugh and fight and act cute (that one is mostly Kelsey!).  I get a little more insane, and count how many more days are left until school starts again.  Pretty typical.  I could tell you how many times we have gone swimming this week (6 and counting) or what movie the kids have been watching (Everyone's Hero) or how many loads of laundry I have done this week (I lost track a while ago), but that's pretty boring.  So, here's something I was thinking about this morning. As I was driving to the gym this morning at 6:00 (you remember the insane part, right?), it was raining.  And the lighting was flashing.  And the thunder was booming.  It was awesome!  I love it when it rains, and I especially love thunderstorms.  I was listening to Hilary Weeks as I drove, because I wasn in Jon's car, and Jon has gotten old in the last year and mostly listens to church music now.  (I give him a hard time about this!)  I was listening to a song entitled "He Is" which is one of my favorite Hilary Weeks songs.  It describes all the different things that the Savior is to different people and all the places that we can see the love our Savior has for us.  And I realized that I was looking at one of them.  The magnificent lightening and thunder were more amazing things that the Savior created for me to show me how much He loves me.  It was kind of a cool realization.  I don't think I slow down often enough to look around and see all that I am blessed with.  Even better than that, after I left the gym, I came outside to a full rainbow stretching across the sky.  It was beautiful!  I think that Heavenly Father was speaking to me a little bit this morning, just letting me know that He's there and He loves me.  And that is just cool!

No comments: