Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Thankful Turkey - Virtual Edition

 [photopress:100_5433.jpg,full,centered] My family has this tradition, although I may be the only one who carries it on.  Every year when I was a kid, my Mom would make a Thankful Turkey out of a milk carton.  It was always a work of art.  The idea is that throughout the month of November, you write things you're thankful for and put them in the turkey.  On Thanksgiving, we would "carve" our turkey and read all the things we were thankful for.  This normally meant that everyone was frantically writing 1/2 hour before Thanksgiving dinner, so there was actually something to read.  Since some of my family is not here, I have decided that we need a virtual thankful turkey.  So, here are a few things that I am thankful for.   I am thankful for . . . Cold fronts just in time for Thanksgiving, so it actually FEELS like the holidays. My husband who serves diligently and does what he's supposed to. My kids who love their little sister Kelsey, and take care of her. Air conditioning (This is on every list every year - we're Vans after all!) Friends who care enough to take time to think of you on your birthday. My "beans" - (this is actually my bag of deer corn that I heat up in the microwave.  I LOVE it!) The kids school - I love having them home, but they have so much more fun when they're there. The church - Wow, we belong to the best church!  My family - even the weird ones (you know who you are) The best in-laws in the entire world. A brother diligently and faithfully serving a mission in Michigan who is such a great example to me and my kids. My Savior. The Thanksgiving and Christmas season - it just makes me happy. Chocolate.  The Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Cowboys for giving me something to root for, Okay, that's enough!  I could probably go on for a while, but I'll stop for now.  Feel free to add what you are thankful for in the comments!  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: