Do you know how many of my posts are just random things? It's quite a few. But, you've been warned.
Tonight was our one night where both boys have baseball. Jon had to go home teaching. I did manage to see him as we drove down the same road in opposite directions. He blew me a kiss out his window. Sigh. That is just sad.
My little brother comes home in five weeks from Detroit. FIVE WEEKS! We are so excited! Today, my other brother Jeff left a message on my answering machine. When my kids heard it, they all stopped and listened. I asked them if they knew who it was. Robbie got a big smile and said "Uncle Brad." Now, in all fairness, they were excited about it being Jeff too. But, I look forward to Brad being home. I wonder how much Adam will remember of him. He was only 2 when Brad left. And Kelsey? He's never met her. But, she's REALLY, REALLY cute, so I'm sure he'll love her.
The Dallas Mavericks just lost their series to the Hornets. Honestly, I don't really care that much. I TOLD them not to trade Devin Harris for Jason Kidd. But does anyone listen to me?!? No. But, on the upside, the Dallas Stars are doing great. Not that I care that much about hockey, but maybe I'll start.
I love the zoo. Last Friday, I went to the zoo with Emily and her class for a field trip. I had an absolute blast. I think I'm still about 6 mentally. Or maybe just young at heart. Here's one of the few pictures I have where no one is doing "bunny ears" behind someone else.

What is the deal with the price of gas and food? I am actually starting to plan trips and errands to get the most efficient use of my gas. Unfortunately, that is not always so easy on the kids. After one of these trips, Adam ended up like this:

We are loving our dog. But none of us quite love Casey as much as Kelsey. Kelsey can now say 4 names - Mama, Dada, Adam and Casey. When she wakes up in the morning, the first person she looks for is Casey. Kelsey gives her hugs. Kelsey lays on her. Kelsey follows her around. I'm not sure Casey enjoys Kelsey as much. One of Kelsey's favorite places to play is in Casey's crate, as long as Casey is there too.

So, that's it. I must go get yummy cookies out of my oven (Thanks Hilary for the recipe . . . and I'm sure the sisters I visit teach thank you too!). Have a great night/day!
No comments:
Post a Comment